Tuesday, December 21, 2010

U-KILITIE boots by 3.1 Phillip Lim, my new love!


Ok, I have to admit I am not a fan of boots. Firstly, I see myself having not many opportunities wearing such shoes. Secondly, the shoebox is huge and can be very troublesome for storage. Thirdly, the appearance of boots is very expected and 'one-kind' and they look almost similar to each other.

Most of the time my eyes will just skip any boots in the shoe section. I used to have owned a pair Dr.Martens x Agnes b. high cut boots before and I didn't like it at all and I sold it off. So, my shoe family has no boots.

Last weekend when I was at Club21Men looking for good deals at the further markdown sales, I sighted this pair of boots placed under a mannequin. It was quite inconspicuous actually, owing to the black color that was so common, and at that very moment my heart was only pointing at the other mid-cut shoes by 3.1 Phillip Lim in leopard print. I have always wanted a pair of leopard print shoes and this time round I really got it (to be exact it's called 'panther sneaker' officially, will share it in a separate post). When I brought home the leopard print, I kept thinking about the boot. What an irony right? So I did some browsing at 31philliplim.com and learnt that the black boot was called "U-Kilitie", quite a cute name afterall. So I made a call to ask about the availability and I was fortunate enough to be able to secure a pair still.

This pair of boots is unique, with soft wooden sole in beige contrasting the black body. In addition, Phillip Lim threw in a little belt buckle which straps over a piece of detachable fan-like leather patch covering the laces beneath. Furthermore, the lace holes are smaller than usual, and many many of them spread unevenly so it is up to me to use any holes there. Most importantly, it is light and super comfy to wear on. Images below adapted from 3.1Phillip Lim's site showing how the shoes work in styling. Don't you think they are easy to match?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...